When We Are Closed
If you need health advice or need to see a nurse or doctor urgently outside our opening hours please call 111.
Minor Injuries Unit
Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 2RN.
Tel: 01923 844201
The minor injuries department, based at Mount Vernon Hospital is for patients with less serious injuries (see examples below). You will be treated by specially trained nurses who have the experience and expertise to treat people with minor injuries quickly and efficiently. They will contact a senior doctor when necessary.
The waiting times are usually much shorter than those in A & E as staff must give priority to serious and life threatening conditions. You do not need an appointment to visit the Minor Injuries Unit.
What is a Minor Injury?
- Cuts, grazes and bruising
- Wounds, including those that may need stitches
- Minor burns and scalds
- Tetanus immunisation after an injury
- Removal of foreign bodies from eyes, nose or ears
- Minor eye problems, including removal of contact lenses
- Insect bites or other animal bites
- Minor head injuries where there has been no loss of consciousness or vomiting
- Removal of rings, earrings and studs
- Minor injuries to legs below the knee, and arms below the shoulder, where you can bear the weight through your foot or move your fingers
- Minor nose bleeds
- Emergency Contraception
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.